Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chillaxing

Today was a very laid back day. It was very chilly and cloudy but we stuck to our plans and went kayaking anyways.
I liked the American Castles video and tour of the camp ground. Though many have told me who built Huntington and other popular buildings around the ADK it never stuck in my mind. After the video and tour I was much more informed about the history of Raquette Lake and I know I will remember it to pass on to my family and friends who come out this way. Its always crazy to think about who was standing on this ground a century-50 years past time. You gotta wonder if they ever had the same aesthetic moments.
Kayaking was exciting but very windy. My little muscles were a burnin! All our newbies at the sport did very well! I even showed them my board trick which may come in handy someday if there is not a ramp. Huntington spoils us, I guarantee the next time anyone goes kayaking there will not be a loading/off-loading ramp!
The last half of the day was also informative. I got the DL on the many programs that are offered in the technological world of Macintosh. I was not familiar with any of the programs so this was a great eye-opener. THANK YOU KARL!
I'm very excited to get my project started so off I go!

~*~ Jenny~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment